Dress Code Policy
- Only navy blue Dickie or Dickie like pants can be worn. This applies to both male and female students.
- Students are not allowed to wear the following:
- Ankle pants
- Plaid pants
- Cargo pants
- Pants with an elastic ankle
- Skinny leg pants
- Pants with cell phone pockets
- Pants must be worn at the waist and secured with a belt.
All students must wear the L.W. Higgins uniform shirt assigned to their grade level. Below is a list of the color assigned to each grade:
Freshmen (09th Graders)———-Khaki
Sophomores (10th Graders)——— Blue
Juniors (11th Graders)———White
Seniors (12th Graders)———Gold
Students may not change their assigned uniform color (shirts) at any time, and promotions will only be granted at the end of the school year.
- Hoodies/Pullovers/Jackets/Head Coverings
- Students will not be permitted to wear hoodies of any kind.
- No sweatshirts, sweaters, pullovers, or hoodies previously accepted will be permitted this school year. Only L.W. Higgins sweatshirts can be worn. Students may purchase their sweatshirt from the school.
- All jackets must have a zipper front. Zipper must run the entire length of the jacket.
- Female students must remove their night caps, bonnets, and hair scarfs before entering the campus.
- Boots can only be worn during designated “dress down” days. At no other time are students permitted to wear boots to school.
- Earbuds and headphones are not permitted on campus and will be confiscated if students are caught wearing them.
- We recommend that students refrain from bringing cellphones to school. The administrative staff will not be responsible for cellphones reported lost or stolen, and no searches will be conducted to locate lost cellphones. Please review the attached Jefferson Parish Public School System policy regarding cell phones on campus.